How to Backup Your Important Files Using Hotmail Skydrive
When you are creating a work on your computer, such as a homework, a dissertation, or an article and save it on a storage media, you know that the losing of that file due to breakage, theft, or accidental loss of the storing media could be very disastrous. Repeated advice of computer experts is, "backup, and backup!" There are numerous ways of backing up the files; one is using the free Windows Live SkyDrive.
- You need to have a Windows Live Hotmail account, which can be acquired free.
- Log into the acquired account.
- At the top you will find a set of options; as shown in the figure.
- Click on the SkyDrive option. You can see a "create" options at the top. You have different choices. For purpose of this article select either "Create Folder" circled red, or "Add files" circled blue. It is always better to create purposed folders to keep things organized and separate.
- Please remove these by clicking on "View error."
- Like all the new technologies there are many features available. For instance, you can synchronize your related on-going work on your PC with the backup folders on the SkyDrive.
- You can backup up to 25GB on the SkyDrive.
- Be alerted with an important on-going work that you have in hands. That means, "Back it up and back it up!"
Things You'll Need
- A Hotmail account