How to Resize PDF Documents
PDF files, specifically those produced by scanning documents come in different standards such as Legal, Letter, ISO and so on. Archiving them in a unified size needs tools for manipulating PDF documents. Messiah's Dysprosium PDF software is a widely used Creative Commons free package for such manipulations, if you are not to spend some cash.
- Download the the latest version "JAR" file of Dysprosium from the Messiah's Dysprosium Site.
- Double click on the "JAR" file to open the software.
- Browse to your destination document to be re-sized or re-zoomed.
- Select a desired target size and/or a new default zoom from the drop-down menus in the panel.
- Click on the "Re-size" button. The re-sized document comes in the directory next to your original document.
- There is a visual help page, that helps step-by-step through the simple operations.
- It is possible to use the software for other PDF manipulations too.
Things You'll Need
- You need to have Java Run Time to be installed in your computer to be able to execute a "JAR" file. Most computers already have that installed.